Summation: 08

|

I stole these from TinyYetMighty. I am bored and figured I could use one of these random things. Plus it’ll probably help keep me on track to not make 2008 feel totally useless.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Get my Bachelor’s degree

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I accomplished a few of my 08 resolutions. And hopefully I will keep my 09 ones.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my girlfriend (who shall remain nameless for privacy reasons)

4. Did anyone close to you die?
George Carlin. Okay, he wasn’t “close to me”, but he was the closest to me among the people that died.

5. What countries did you visit?
Miami, USA
Nassau, Bahamas

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A good paying job and a house/condo/my own place in general

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

July 28th, 2008. The day I started my job. I can’t remember any other dates so this one must be significant right?

8. What was your biggest achievement of 2008?
Get benefits from work.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Breaking up with my boyfriend. I still call him my boyfriend since I have no idea what else to call him. Ex just has a bad connotation which I don’t believe fits our relationship (or lack thereof).

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I had a cold that lasted 2 weeks which I thought that pneumonia. And hyper-extended my index finger playing dodge ball.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A HD projector.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My boyfriend for taking me out to my birthday dinner.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Appalled, not really. I rarely get appalled by anything. I’m the one who usually does the appallization(??).
My mother makes me depressed. Always.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Fabrics, sewing projects, student loan payments, car payments.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
a new season of Heroes.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"Circus” – Britney Spears

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?
Sadder. 2007 was awesome.

ii. thinner or fatter?
Thinner I think. Not sure. I think I’ve been this weight for awhile now.

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer since I have a job. Poorer since all the money I make goes back to the corporations.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Saving money instead of spending it.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Buy fabric

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I went to eat hot pot with mom’s friends. Which was totally tasty but totally lame.

21. What was your favourite month of 2008?
December. It means 2008 was ending.

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
No. Just crushes.

23. How many one-night stands?
zero

24. What was your favourite TV program?
SYTYCD Canada, Heroes, The Office, True Blood

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Yes.

26. What was the best book you read?
Twilight. It wasn’t THAT good. It just happened to be the only book series that I read.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Rediscovering the recorder

28. What did you want and get?
an HD projector and a sewing machine.

29. What did you want and not get?
Money. minus 30lbs in weight.

30. What was your favourite film of this year?
Tropic Thunder. Woot woot Tom Cruise! haha.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
My boyfriend took me out to dinner at the Top of Vancouver. I am… 23 officially. And some other age unofficially.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My own place.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Awkward transition from student to work attire

34. What kept you sane?
Sleep

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Downy Jr.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing. I am heavily NOT into the politics.

37. Who did you miss?
My boyfriend

38. Who was the best new person you met?

A guy named Stacey. Never met a guy named with a girls name before. Plus I didn’t really meet anybody new.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

uuuuh… I’m drawing a blank.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
”There’s only two types of guys out there. Ones who can hang with me… and the ones who are scared”

0 comments:

Post a Comment